Definitions:User: A registered or unregistered person accessing a page on zIFBoards.
Member: A registered person on zIFBoards.
Account: A set of data tied to a username created after a user has registered on a forum.
Content: Posts, messages, links, email, uploaded files, usernames, or any other user created data.
Service: A message board (forum) provided by zIFBoards.
Owner Account: The original member account available when a forum is first registered.
All references to "owner", "forum owner", "you", or "your" refer to the person who accepts these Terms of Service.
2 The Service:zIFBoards is provided as-is with no guarantees for fitness for a particular use, usability, or availability. Free Forums are never deleted for inactivity. There are no limits on the quantity of posts or members. You agree that zIFBoards may add or change service limitations at any time, with or without notice. You may not modify and/or remove any copyright notices or labels on the Service.
3 Content:Your forum must be in English. If you wish to have posts on your forum in a language other than English, you must purchase ad removal. zIFBoards does not guarantee that Content will be protected from loss, deletion, removal, or damage. Backups are the responsibility of the forum owner.
3.1 Prohibited Content:A forum may not contain posts, uploads, links to, or send via email any Content that contains, promotes, gives instruction about, or provides prohibited Content. As the creator of a forum, you are responsible for ensuring that no prohibited Content exists on your forum and that no part of your forum violates the Terms of Service. Prohibited Content includes any Content that breaks any local, state, county, national or international law. Prohibited Content also includes:
- Content that infringes upon any rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights and trademarks)
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, racist, or obscene Content
- Viruses or any other harmful computer software
- False information or libel
- Spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- Gambling or Illicit drugs
- Hacking or cheating for internet/online games
- Warez, Roms, CD-Keys, Cracks, Passwords, or Serial Numbers
- Pornography, nudity, or sexual material of any kind
- Excessive profanity
- Content that is invasive of privacy or impersonation of any person/entity
- Hacking materials or information.
3.2 Limited Content:
- Prohibited Content may not be transmitted to an zIFBoards server
- The format, quantity, and size of uploaded files and posts may be limited.
3.3 Content Screening:zIFBoards does not preview any Content transmitted but reserves the right to check any forum for prohibited content. zIFBoards has the right to access any forum and its related Content and delete, edit, or restrict access to any Content. You agree that zIFBoards may disclose any Content to:
- Fulfill what is required by law or is needed to comply with legal processes
- To prove a violation of these terms
- To protect the rights (including copyrights), property, or personal safety of anyone
3.4 Rights to Posted Content:Any content uploaded or posted to zIFBoards may be displayed on a forum by zIFBoards. You grant zIFBoards the right to display and store the Content you provide.
3.5 Advertising Content:You may not place the following forms of advertising on your free forum unless you have purchased ad removal and are actively using it for all user groups:
- Content-targeted Advertising
- Advertising that mimics or copies the look of AdSense advertising
- Pop-ups for downloads or that interfere with navigation of the forum
4 Enforcement of Terms of Service:zIFBoards has the right to access any area of any forum. zIFBoards may edit, delete, or restrict access to any Content/account/forum or services as enforcement Terms of Service.
5 Termination of the Service:You agree that zIFBoards may delete your forum or your account on any zIFBoards forum. zIFBoards may ban your email address, username, IP Address or remove/change any Content from any forum or from your account without notice or compensation. Your account or forum may be deleted for any violation of the zIFBoards Terms of Service or for any reason deemed necessary. zIFBoards may not explain why your account/forum/Content was deleted or edited.
6 Disclaimer of Warranties:You agree and understand that:
- Your use of any zIFBoards service is at your own risk. zIFBoards is provided as-is. zIFBoards disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose
- zIFBoards makes no warranty that:
- The Service will fit your needs and requirements
- The Service will be secure, error-free or uninterrupted
- The information acquired by using zIFBoards will be accurate
- Any Content obtained through the use of zIFBoards is used solely at your own risk and only you will be responsible for any damage that results from obtaining, following, or using any Content.
7 Limitation of Liability:You understand and agree that zIFBoards will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from use and/or inability to use the Service.
8 Exclusions And Limitations:Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or liability for damages so some of Section seven (7) may not apply to you. However, you use zIFBoards Service at your own risk.
9 Legal Disputes:These Terms of Service and your account with zIFBoards will be over-seen by the laws of The United States of America. You agree that these Terms of Service are under the jurisdiction of the State of Maryland. You agree any legal filings or lawsuits must be filed in the State of Maryland.
10 Modification of the Terms of Service:zIFBoards reserves the right to change these terms at any time. All changes will be effective at the time they are posted. Your continued use of zIFBoards will constitute your acceptance of any modifications made.
11 Enforcing the Terms of Service:zIFBoards failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service will not be seen as a waiver of any term or condition for any user.
12 Prohibited Behavior:
- You may not remove/hide/alter any advertising on zIFBoards.
- You may not change/move the relative location of advertising on zIFBoards.
- You must pick a secure password and take reasonable measures to protect your account.
- You may not send spam messages promoting your forum.
- Test forums must be set so they are not displayed in the directory.
- Excessive hotlinking by sites not located on an zIFBoards server of images hosted by zIFBoards is prohibited.
- Your forum may not hotlink images from other websites without proper permission.
- Attempting a chargeback or disputing a payment for which your forum has received and/or used the service may result forum closure.
12.1 COPPA Requirements:You are required to protect the privacy of users under 13 years old. There are three types of registration for users under 13. You may select the type that fits you community and needs best, but you must enforce rules related to the registration type you select. You may not suggest or encourage users to lie about their age to bypass any COPPA registration/profile restrictions. You must remove any personally identifiable information from posted Content if the user has not filed a form. If you request personally identifiable information on your baord, you must specifically state it excludes users under 13 years old. If you become aware of a user under 13 years old that has not entered an accurate birthday, you must have them update their birthday in their profile. You are required to delete any users who mention that they are under 13 years old if you have opted to ban user under 13 years old from registering.
13 Resale of the Service:You agree not to sell any part of the Service or access to the Service.
14 Forum Ownership:The user that registers a forum is considered the owner of the forum, unless that ownership is subsequently transferred. Ownership can be transfered to another user by providing the login information to the Owner Account, or in the event of an inactive account, under the terms of our Ownership Transfer Policy. When the login information is given to another user you must provide a link to these Terms of Service. Only the Owner Account is considered the owner of a forum with full privileges.
zIFBoards GIVES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, FOR THE SERVICES PROVIDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE.
These terms were last modified on July 29th, 2014.
You may obtain a written copy of the Terms of Service by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to:
P.O. Box 1763
Bowie, MD 20717-1763
Notice: These Terms of Service were written for zIFBoards.com's use only. Any unauthorized reproduction in part or in whole constitutes a violation of copyright law. Any violators may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.